Minister of Music Job Posting
| Print |
Job Posting - Minister of Music...Click here to see details.
Minister of Music
Job Title: Minister of Music, Mt. Gilead Baptist Church
Job Type: Permanent; Full Time
Work Hours: 40 hours/week: flexible in arrangement with Senior Pastor
Contract Period: Negotiable
Works with: All church staff
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Evaluated by: Senior Pastor
Salary: Salary negotiated with Personnel Committee
Benefits: Health and pension benefits provided
Application Deadline: March 31, 2011
The Minister of Music is responsible for the music life of the church, all choirs including Senior Choir, Mixed & Mass Choir, Male Chorus, Children’s Choir, Inspirational voices and instrumental music.
- Plan and administer the music program for the church, in consultation with the Senior Pastor
- Select repertoire for all choirs and praise teams and the selection of instrumental music for worship services and special church events
- Check with president of each choir for rehearsal times as well as chairman of praise team
- Lead choir and congregation in all music in worship. Be available to serve as organist at weddings, funerals and other special services as schedule permits. Arrange for substitute in the event of absence.
- Recruit and incorporate instrumentalists for the congregation or outside of church in the music program
- Monitor the condition and conduct routine maintenance of the church’s musical instruments and make recommendations to Personnel Committee and Board of Trustees regarding their up-keep.
- Prepare and participate in music for special services, i.e. Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Easter Sunrise
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in music and 5 years musical experience
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency in keyboard performances with organ and piano and able to read music and play by ear
- Experience in the performance and selection of church organ and choral music which reflects a broad variety of musical periods and styles
- Collegial approach to work with others, including choir members, musicians and staff
- Appreciation of music as part of worship, and sensitivity to the worship needs of the congregation.
Please mail resumes to:
Mt. Gilead Baptist Church
Attention: Personnel Committee
PO Box 651
Durham, NC 27702